Bifacial Cell Technology
In recent years SCHMID has developed several equipment for the production of bifacial solar cells. This cell type absorbs light and generates electricity on both surfaces and achieves up to 30 % higher yield than conventional cells, if suitably installed in open areas or flat roofs.
SCHMID’s Bifacial Cell Technology
- Bifacial cell looks similar from both sides
- Front: collecting emitter / Back: back-surface-field (BSF)
- Grid-shaped electrodes on front and back
- Can be interconnected using standard stringer technology (5BB or multiwire)
- Module rear side: transparent back-sheet or glass
- Rear light collection increases energy yield up to 30 %
Bifacial cells can be either adapted for monocrystalline material (PERC) or for multicrystalline material (PERT).